General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement.Privacy Statement about Personal Information kept, collected, stored and processed.
Personal Information I will Collect.
- Gender (or preferred identity).
- Date of Birth.
- Relationships & Progeny.
- Telephone/SMS number (plus permission to send SMS & leave voice message).
- Email address.
- Counselling History.
- Medical conditions relevant to counselling.
- Prescribed medication.
- Session summary.
How I will store your Personal Information.
- Paper: written notes (described below).
- Smartphone: I will store your contact information in a plain-text note app that backs up to my private Google Drive. This allows me to contact you in case of emergencies, but keeps from revealing this information to other applications (i.e. not using a Contacts app).
- Email/SMS/WhatsApp: your email address and correspondence will be stored in my email account (currently GMail) by nature of you contacting me. Your telephone number may be stored in my SMS or WhatsApp app should we exchange messages this way. Electronic correspondence will also be held by the corresponding app (Gmail, Phone's SMS, WhatsApp).
- Website: none of your personal information is stored on my website, other than to momentarily collect & send it to my Gmail account for the purposes of our initial contact.
A note about GMail (Outlook etc) and Electronic Messaging Systems - free electronic email & messaging services (Gmail, Outlook, Facebook, WhatsApp etc) regularly read incoming & outgoing messages electronically. One of the reasons for this is that the service gains knowledge about the messaging user for the purposes of selling advertising to other companies. To put it plainly: if you email me about the topic of, say, your sexuality using your GMail address it's very likely sexuality will be associated with your account... which will likely attract associated advertising wherever you're logged in with that same account (eg Google.com).Best advice I can give is (a) to read the terms of service your free messaging provider and (b) to be cautious in what information you include when communicating electronically.
- Contact Sheet
- Assessment Record
- Brief Session Notes
- GDPR Agreement
- Client Code (linking documents)
- Contact name & telephone
Consultation.I seek a monthly consultation with another therapist qualified in this process. The consultation process is for my practice (rather than seeking instruction on working with you). In order to protect your privacy, my consultant will not know you personally nor professionally. I will refer to you by your first name, and I may refer to you information verbally when it's helpful to my professional processes.
Therapeutic Will.Your name and contact details will be shared with my Therapeutic Executor. This is so that you will be contacted on the event of my death, should you still be in therapy with me.
Emergencies.If your health is in jeopardy (provided I have your consent) I may share your contact information with an emergency healthcare service (e.g. Mental Health Crisis Team).If I have become aware of your intent to cause harm to another person/organisation (e.g. terrorism), the law may require that I inform an authority without seeking your permission. In such a situation, the law may require that I share your personal information without your knowledge (known as: whistle-blowing).
Erasing your Information.When we have finished working together, I will erase electronic copies of your information & correspondence within one month.I will hold onto your written information for up to seven years past the end of our working together. This is so that I have a reference of our work in situations such as you returning to counselling in the future. After this time has passed, I will shred the written information.
Your Rights.You have the following rights...
- To be informed what information I hold (i.e. this document).
- To see the information I hold about you (free of charge for the initial request).
- To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To withdraw consent to me using your personal information.
- To request your personal information be erased (though I can decline whilst the information is needed for me to practice lawfully & competently).
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
If you have a question about Dean Richardson's counselling services in Waterlooville, or just want to ask a question, maybe about making your first appointment, feel free to drop Dean a message any time…
- 1 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement.
- 1.1 Personal Information I will Collect.
- 1.2 How I will store your Personal Information.
- 1.3 How I may Process/Share your Personal Information.
- 1.4 Your Rights.
- 1.5 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…